We’re looking for a product owner that is passionate about the design and functionality of B2B cloud app solutions to join our growing and forward-looking team.
As a supplier providing ‘best in class’ MAT Budgeting, Re-forecasting and Financial Software, IMP Software incorporate the best bits of Excel within beautiful cloud software that puts the Multi Academy Trust in the driving seat.
Our system is in production and used by 500+ schools and we’re taking on new trusts every week, so require a product owner to develop and manage the requirements of new products within the Multi Academy Trust integration space. Running alongside this will be the ownership of requirements of a legacy product in order to embed further scalability, reliability and user experience into the product.
We’re still a small team, so there’s a great opportunity to get in at the bottom floor and develop alongside the company. The product range is moving fast, so this is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of shaping how we do things in the future.
The right person will be:
• Able to put themselves in the customers’ shoes and delve into the exact nature of what they want to achieve
• Confident with translating those requirements into actionable user stories that clearly cover all eventualities and edge-cases that the requirement might introduce
• Effective at managing a backlog of activities, ensuring that the developers working on these requirements have a clear picture of what they’re working on next and have all of the tools to complete them
• Comfortable with handling the knowledge sharing for, and sequencing of, development work
• Proud of the products they manage, seeing them as their babies, and not letting them out of the door until they’re happy with their operation
• 3-5 years’ working experience of business analysis or product ownership within a software environment
• Experience of facilitating discussions with end users on product functionality
• Experience of writing detailed specifications of complex requirements
• Experience of working within an Agile framework such as Scrum
• Product Owner focussed experience
• Experience of working with Agile project management solutions such as Azure DevOps Boards or Jira
• Experience of working in a SAAS software environment, or an environment developing accounting or school business products
Please send your CV + a personal statement outlining why you’re a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org